• Circus train

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by CSX Conductor

MBT F40, already posted that earlier in this thread, but it will go to Manchester, NH next. It will depart Boston's Beacon Park Yard in the morning next Monday, 10/18 and will travel to CP-45 in Worcester, where the power will be run-around the train and then pulled onto the P&W to go to the B&M's Barber Line.

If you play hookie on that day, I would suggest catching an early commuter from Attleboro to make the earliest train to Worcester. :wink:

Stand at the west end of the station at Worcester and you can get sme shots of it coming by fropm Boston, and then also get it going onto the branch at CP-45. :wink:

by Rockingham Racer

That ought to be quite the trip. The west [?] leg of the wye at North Chelmsford wasn't in very good shape the last time I was there.
I'll bet they'll be "rockin and rollin" along the banks of the mighty Merrimack, too! :wink:
  by Porter Sq

When they come into Boston why don't they go up threw Worchester and threw Ayer and down threw Lowell into Boston and park it on the tracks that split off the Lowell line that split off at that new office building that is empty. This would save them time coming in and leaving going up to Manchester. Who provides the power for the train?The circus or the road that they are traveling over and what kind of power do the use?

by CSX Conductor

First off, going that route would cost extra time on the in-bound journey.

Secondly, the railroads provide the power. The circus couldn't afford the high costs of maintenance of locomotives for two trains to be continously be travelling the country simultaneously.

This year it came to Boston with a couple of GE wide-bodies, with an SD40-2 being added at Selkirk, NY for cab signals on the B&A.
  by Porter Sq

Do the engines stay with the train to provide power or do they have there own generator car?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

thanks CSX conductor :-D

by CSX Conductor

Head-pin and go!

Thet probably have their own generators..........I believ the coaches are behind the animal cars while en-route........and I dont think the animal cars would have MU cables......but I might be wrong.
  by eddiebear

The Circus Train headed west through Framingham just about 6 a. m., Monday 10/18. It was a most impressive sight.

by Robert Paniagua

Good, glad you saw it. Now, did you get to count how many cars? And how many engines did it have?
  by wintrain

GRS 379,327 & 348 lead The Circus Train into Nashua,NH at 4pm.10-18-04
  by p&w3901

If anyone is still looking for it, the B&B circus train was parked in Springfield, MA, this morning, on the tracks directly behind the basketball hall of fame. And me with no camera......

by CSX Conductor

Parked? By now I believe it should be in Ct. I believe it was going to Stamford or Bridgeport after it's Nashua NH shows.

http://www.ringling.com

by DutchRailnut

it was in Bridgeport a few weeks ago scheduled to be in Binghamton on Nov 2.