• Old Door Chimes

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by SchuminWeb

HokieNav wrote:I think that they may have switched this car over to the Red Line - I was leaving Union Station on the MARC and had a Silver Spring - bound train pass us (then we passed it when it stopped @ NY Ave) - the second car in the consist had an almost out of this world blueish glowing light coming from all the windows - very different than the other 5 cars. Too dark to get a gar number, but it sounds like this car.
3146 is on the Blue Line now, spotted last night at Largo. I walked through it to check it out, and the light in there is really creepy. Too blue. However, stranger is seeing it at the platform:

That blue glow on the platform... very weird. Especially since they only did one car and not both in the pair.
  by tommyboy6181

The new lights seen on that car are standard for the 7k and the 4k rehabs. So yes, we will be seeing more of that.

However, the old door chimes we all like have a new home. PATH is using them on the new PA-5 cars being built by Kawasaki. Yes, they live on...just in NYC instead of DC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyjh_3tY9xY