Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Andrew

I was called back in JUNE 2008 for Train Operator.
I had to go to Transit Adjudication to take care of some former tickets I had received years ago...and I coud not proceed with that class.

My name was somehow removed from the list..I was able to get reinstated back to the list.

I was called back there on JAN 8.My 3 questions are.

1.When I called DCAS to find out my status........I am on an "Outstanding certification list".What does that mean.

2.I was not mailed a Pre Employment application this time around.....they have it from this past JUNE.
What do I do when I go there?I have all of the paperwork from this past JUNE I needed to get.....the letter from Transit Adjudication.......that form that says why I couldnt proceed at that time.......and the letter of reinstatement of my number.

I am ASSUMING that I go to the clerk when called..show her the papers....then I get the drug test.

I also have the 30 Page application that you need to give them on the day of your medical...but I ASSUME again that I wait until that time to give it to them.

Any answers that could help would be greatly appreciated.........I dont want anymore snafus to happen.
  by FRIEDCHIKKIN

Andrew wrote:I was called back in JUNE 2008 for Train Operator.
I had to go to Transit Adjudication to take care of some former tickets I had received years ago...and I coud not proceed with that class.

My name was somehow removed from the list..I was able to get reinstated back to the list.

I was called back there on JAN 8.My 3 questions are.

1.When I called DCAS to find out my status........I am on an "Outstanding certification list".What does that mean.

2.I was not mailed a Pre Employment application this time around.....they have it from this past JUNE.
What do I do when I go there?I have all of the paperwork from this past JUNE I needed to get.....the letter from Transit Adjudication.......that form that says why I couldnt proceed at that time.......and the letter of reinstatement of my number.

I am ASSUMING that I go to the clerk when called..show her the papers....then I get the drug test.

I also have the 30 Page application that you need to give them on the day of your medical...but I ASSUME again that I wait until that time to give it to them.

Any answers that could help would be greatly appreciated.........I dont want anymore snafus to happen.
I wouldn't worry too much about your DCAS classification but you don't want to pass this up... if you want to be sure you should get down to 1 Centre Street and ask in person.

I'd be pretty sure the TA still has your pre-employment application paperwork but don't put it past human error for you to have to go through filling that all out again (yeah, sucks, but God-willing you won't have to).

If you have all the rest of the necessary paperwork you should be in good shape but don't be afraid to ask any questions because you doing things correctly is very important. When time comes to ask questions wait in the line that I'm sure will form and have question(s) ready-they've dealt with hundreds of thousands of people and probably know off hand.

God be with you. Peace!
  by ROCKER

I remember when i took the conductors test back in 2000 and DCAS lost my paperwork and couldnt tell me if i passed or failed but at least they gave me my $35 back
  by FRIEDCHIKKIN

ROCKER wrote:I remember when i took the conductors test back in 2000 and DCAS lost my paperwork and couldnt tell me if i passed or failed but at least they gave me my $35 back
That sucked. You took the last Conductor's Exam? I'm sure you know Open Competitive Train Operator filing is this March. Good luck.
  by ROCKER

FRIEDCHIKKIN wrote:
ROCKER wrote:I remember when i took the conductors test back in 2000 and DCAS lost my paperwork and couldnt tell me if i passed or failed but at least they gave me my $35 back
That sucked. You took the last Conductor's Exam? I'm sure you know Open Competitive Train Operator filing is this March. Good luck.
I'm a conductor for the path trains now and we earn more then mta but i do wish i had an employee metro card so i didnt have to pay to go to work