• Cedar Rapids, IA employees of UP

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by thomas

Are there any Cedar Rapids based workers who care to share some info about their job? I have my application in and was just looking for some input.

by route_rock

Just curious did you get called back or find out anything?I have had my app in for CR for a while now.Deadlines past and still nothing.But they did repost openings in CR.

by thomas

Thanks for the reply! Good to see I'm not the only Iowan on this board. It sounds like you're in the same boat I am. I still see "currently being reviewed" on the website. Any ideas on finding out when the next hiring session is?

by route_rock

Actually I am in Illinois but seeings Uncle Pete doesnt hire in Clinton anymore I have to try CR and now even FT Mad.I dont know I am really wondering about it all lol.By the time they hire anyone the buisness will be gone so we would be laid off anyway.Just a ticked off opinion tired of waiting and wondering.

by thomas

I have some new info for you Rock. UP called me and told me they are no longer hiring in CR and that I should apply in Boone, IA.

by route_rock

Now why doesnt that surprise me lol.Oh well still under review for Ft Mad.Thats too far for me so is Boone but what is one to do?

by Gbrown

I live in Des Moines, IA! See that UP is hiring in Des Moines and Boone! Boone is always hiring...any difference between working in Boone or Des Moines? I was thinking that Boone was on the Main Line...so more long runs, and Des Moines would be shorter runs/ lots of yard time? Planning on applying this winter!