• WMATA Releases Preliminary Inauguration Day Service Plan

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by WMATAGMOAGH

Here is the list of police departments that assisted on Metro over Inauguration Day weekend:

Atlanta (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority), Boston (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority), Chicago (Chicago Transit Authority), Cleveland (Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority), Dallas (Dallas Area Rapid Transit), Delaware (Delaware River Port Authority), Denver (Regional Transportation District), Houston (Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County), Milwaukee (Milwaukee County Transit System), Minneapolis (Metro Transit), New Jersey (NJ Transit), New York (New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Port Authority), Philadelphia (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Agency), Sacramento (Sacramento Regional Transit District), San Francisco (Bay Area Rapid Transit), Seattle (King County Metro Transit) and Utah (Utah Transit Authority)

I don't think the Houston officer actually jumped to the trackbed, I heard he "pushed" her underneath the overhang from the platform.
  by Tommy Meehan

That's quite a list. Quite an operation.

I guess policing in a transit environment does require certain type special training. I really applaude all the men and women who made it such a successful four days.

Thanks.

[And no NYPD. :wink: ]
  by Robert Paniagua

Nope, but PAPD and MN/LIRR PD were there, and yes, BART as mentioned and I also saw the newsclip of my hometown MBTA T Police getting on Amtrak's Regional Service to WAS to patrol the system including Chief Paul McMillan