• Motor [upgrade] status

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by tommyboy6181

Same here, I've ridden on mixed consists many times. I've been on Breda Rehab/Unrehabbed Breda, and ridden Rohr/Unrehabbed Breda trains just to name a few. The design as many have stated is that the trains can be mixed but it really isn't a great practice. Hopefully once the 7k series starts coming in, there will be less mixed consists going around.
  by WMATAGMOAGH

tommyboy6181 wrote:Same here, I've ridden on mixed consists many times. I've been on Breda Rehab/Unrehabbed Breda, and ridden Rohr/Unrehabbed Breda trains just to name a few. The design as many have stated is that the trains can be mixed but it really isn't a great practice. Hopefully once the 7k series starts coming in, there will be less mixed consists going around.
7000s won't be compatible as of now so its sort of a non issue.

Keep in mind WMATA had its most diverse fleet while the Breda rehabs were ongoing the past few years: 1000s, unrehabbed 2000s, unrehabbed 3000s, rehabbed 2000s/3000s, 4000s, and 5000s. Towards the end, there weren't unrehabbed 2000s, but there were 6000s. Now they only have 5 types: 1000s, rehabbed 2000/3000s, 4000s, 5000s, and 6000s. And out of those 5, the 6000s and rehabs are very similar.