• Anacostia light rail?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by BaltOhio

From what I read a while back, work allegedly has actually started on the Anacostia light rail project, yet I've never seen mention of it here. Is it really happening? Or has anyone dared go in that area to look? In the meantime, the completed cars seem to get regular airings in the Czech Republic.
  by GeorgeF

I visited the Anacostia Metro stop about a year ago, and absolutely no work had been accomplished at that time. I walked around for a block or two and saw the rusting remains of the old B&O branch sleeping quietly. More recent info (of unknown reliability) is at http://greatergreaterwashington.org/post.cgi?id=1414. It appears no construction has started yet, either.
  by Sand Box John

The final Environmental Impact Statement has not been prepared for submission of federal funding grant. There have been several changes to the alignment sense ground was broken in December of 2004.

District Department of Transportation Streetcar Projects Web Site