• Battenkill Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by brward

Anyone have some insight into the running of trains on this line?
  by erievalley

Just returned from a visit to the Battenkill RR and enjoyed the trip very much. The leaves are in full color and I did catch them running from East Greenwich to the interchange at Eagle Bridge. Their movements are generated by customer request and could be at any time. I have caught them running on Tuesdays and Wednesdays the times I was in the area. Easy chase if you have a good map, with many excellent photo locations to choose from. You can get more detailed info from the BK forum on Yahoo. The local rail buffs are a great help......Jerry.

by Otto Vondrak

There is a Yahoo! group dedicated to the Batten Kill that may be of help. The easiest thing to say is that the BKRR runs a couple times a week to meet the interchange... except when it doesn't.

-otto-

by brward

Thanks for the info. Anyone have the link to the yahoo group? Possible trip on Monday to those parts. Get some Guilford District 4 shots and possibly some Vermont action. The Battenkill has been elusive they are the main goal to photograph.