• The Brown Line

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by WMATAGMOAGH

Robert Paniagua wrote:
I remember that photo John, I was with you on that day! I took my own stock of pictures myself too, and I remember that destination, nice shot! A phantom destination, I like those. I wonder if there's any for Lorton for Blue Line or Brandywine for Green Line :-D
There are no other "phantom" destinations in the sign program according to the list I have
  by Sand Box John

"Robert Paniagua"
I remember that photo John, I was with you on that day! I took my own stock of pictures myself too, and I remember that destination, nice shot! A phantom destination, I like those. I wonder if there's any for Lorton for Blue Line or Brandywine for Green Line.

I can assure you there no such "phantom destinations" There is a code for the Dulles Yard (93).
  by Robert Paniagua

Oh allright, I though there were some, but I then must side with you both then, and in fact, that's good that no pahntom destinations exist on the sign other than Dulles which will someday be a real destination
  by SchuminWeb

Sand Box John wrote:FYI; For those that don't know manually entering destination code 34 will render DULLES in all of the sign boxes on all of the cars.
So the head sign says "DULLES" on it as well, as compared to a color or being blank?
  by Sand Box John

"SchuminWeb"
So the head sign says "DULLES" on it as well, as compared to a color or being blank?

I can’t say for sure, as all of the times I have asked to have code 34 punched in, my eye was looking through a camera view finder that was pointed at a side sign.