• New Locomotives?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Thatguy

Does anyone know if CSX is purchasing any new locomotives this year? Can't really find anything anywhere. Thanks
  by CSX Conductor

I don't know how many they purchased, but there's more new ones out there in the 900 series like this one. :wink:
  by mmi16

Numbers up to 949 have been allocated.
  by roadster

Here's a curve for you guys to look into. I was recently told that with the ordering of the 800-900 series ES44AHs from GE, CSX has opted for standard applications of appliances. Most notably the High number boards, mounted over the windows in contrast to previous orders of GE models for CSX which were ordered with number boards mounted on the nose. This was suppose to be a cost cutting measure. I also understand that the "standard application" of appliances is the "standard" set by Union Pacific orders.
  by atsf sp

Locomotive 2008 reports CSX is buying 100 ES44AH under numbers 800-899.
  by roadster

The 800 series have been delivered and some 900's are also now roaming the system