• CSX- Boston Globe

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by $teve25

I remember when I was younger when Conrail would go on its runs to change cars at the Globe every week and I am just wondering what is CSX'S schedule for delivering cars to the Globe, thanks!
  by CSX Conductor

The Globe is serviced by local job B733 out of Readville. They work Sunday - Thursday night, 600pm report time. Usually they service West Mansfield then return to Readville, get their cars for Boston and head in town via the Dorchester Branch around midnight or so.
  by atsf sp

Do they deliver right to the building?
  by Robert Paniagua

Yes, they do, in fact, they even have a loading dock (garage for the freight cars so that they can go right into the building and drop off their payload to the newspaper
  by $teve25

I always thought they came straight from Beacon Park, through the Back Bay, across the Fort Point Channel and straight down the OC line to the Globe. The only time I would see them operating was when they switch and pass by JFK/UMASS. I always seen a string of box cars parked at the sidings near Andrew Sq., but not so much anymore. How often would or even would CSX go straight from Beacon Park across MBTA territory ie back bay and the short stretch down the OC line to the globe? Thanks...
  by CSX Conductor

atsf sp wrote:Do they deliver right to the building?
4 cars on each track, plus one at the outside dock on the track to the left (facing the building from the main-line). The outside door is only used in warm weather, and if there is a total of 9 cars.