• PICS: Guess where I was.

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by chuchubob

astrosa, mlrr, and Phil got it!

AmtrakFan: don't let the NJT ALP46 throw you. Amtrak is using them on Clockers and Keystone Service trains on the NEC. Keystone train #640 had one yesterday.

by Jersey_Mike

Yup!!! I was in the new parking garage that, at least for the past month, has been open to the public. It really gives some AMAZING viewpoints of the Race St. engine terminal and the northbound 30th St departure tracks.

More pics can be found at:

http://acm.jhu.edu/~sthurmovik/Railpics ... nails.html

Here's the give away pic:

by Olton Hall

Great photos. Am I one of the few that saw the giant hint in the orginal post? I knew it was at 30th street without the hint from being a regular passenger on SEPTA and Amtrak as well as all of Chuchubob's photos of the yard.

by astrosa

Olton Hall wrote:Am I one of the few that saw the giant hint in the orginal post?
Apparently yes...I saw it at first and then started to wonder when the first two replies were so sure it was Sunnyside. I had to go back and double-check photos to be sure it wasn't a trick question!
  by RRspatch

Jersey_Mike wrote:Sorry for the lag in posting these, but all you philly fans are going to plotz, Chuchubob especially. Still, you have to guess first...NO CHEATING!!
That's good old Philthy-delphia Race Street Engine Terminal. I used to bounce my car across those tracks on my way to work at CETC. The employee parking lot is (was?) located just to the East of the locomotive servicing area. You used to be able to get a good shot front the northend of the open public parking lot. I guess the new parking garage has replaced this now. I'll have to check out this area when I'm back east next summer.

Sorry, I don't reconnize the interlocking machine. It doesn't look like any of the Baltimur division towers I started in :-)