• Scale vehicles wish list

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Sir Ray

shortlinerailroader wrote:Maybe some of the aforementioned Fords with hi-rail gear--up, down or adjustible...powered or not. Also, similarly equipped Chevys and Dodges (BNSF has some Durangos) would be nice. Freightliner and International gang trucks with adjustible cranes and rail wheels. Available decorated or plain. I don't know...these may already be on the market.
Not a bad idea, although Details West does have a pretty good hi-rail adapter kit available (I've used it on my Trident mid-90s style F350 - my model railroad is a shortline and it can't afford the latest and greatest F350). I don't think this Details West kit would work with the really big trucks (viz the new utility bodies on International that Boley is introduction), so there is room for improvement.
As for Freightliners - I forgot all about those - the newest Freightliners cab/chassis (M2? basis for Dump Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Tow Trucks, Dry Vans, Flatbeds, Tankers, etc.) are becoming almost as common on modern day real-life streets as the F350s http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/truck ... efault.asp

So now I need modern-era Ford F350s AND Freightliners - dang!