• Sunset Limited #1(19) Arrives On Time

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by RMadisonWI

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

Amtrak train 1(19), which originated in New Orleans on September 20, arrived in Los Angeles at 6:42 this morning, just 2 minutes off its scheduled 6:40 arrival time.

This is cause for a celebration!

Robert Madison

by Gilbert B Norman

Probably Ivan related traffic embargoes "helped the cause".

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

wow that is a historical moment in Amtrak i guess lol, how long has it been since it has been on time (within 5 minutes)? 5 years?

by RMadisonWI

I'm told the last on time run of the Sunset Limited was train 1(22FEB04).

Robert Madison

by AmtrakFan

Do You believe in a Miracle? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also can we repeat?

AmtrakFan

by RMadisonWI

Union Pacific must be doing something wrong here, but it's time for Satan to go sweater shopping.

Train 2(22) is just a half hour late, and is already into Texas.

Train 1(21) departed Tucson, AZ, exactly on time.

For those trying to get train status info from Amtrak.com, you have to use trains 421 and 422 instead, as 1 and 2 show "service disruption" on account of the problems east of NOL.

It seems like more a computer glitch that it can't show train status for stations where the train is actually operating, but I guess complaints about amtrak.com are best left to another thread.

by JFB

Mr. Norman makes a good point. Lots of Atlantic and Gulf sailings were diverted or cancelled because of the successive storms, which means fewer stacks on UP and CSX. On the downside, all those postponed shipments have to be made up for. Expect serious congestion on the Sunset route soon.