• A "TellCSX" phone # for public related issues?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by lvrr325

A guy got killed at DeWitt a while back when his truck was hit by a remote job that didn't have a man protecting the move. Somehow I don't think that's the kind of job cuts they had in mind, but that's what you get. But let's not turn this into a remote control debate, as much as it shocks me that anyone but management would defend such a thing.

I wonder if I can call them up and ask them to settle up with my buddy who nearly got killed by carbon monoxide in a company vehicle that had been reported as needing repairs many many times? He can't work around that kind of environment anymore, gets a headache right away -

Maybe I should ask them to dump one on the ground right outside my house so I can take pictures... lol -

by RussNelson

lvrr325 wrote:But let's not turn this into a remote control debate, as much as it shocks me that anyone but management would defend such a thing.
I've heard it said here that the rule book is written in blood. Any reason to expect it should be any different for remote control?

I'm not excusing injuries, just pointing out that like farming, railroading is a dangerous business. And yet people want to work for railroads anyway.

by Steve F45

has anyone emailed csx thru the "tell csx" email options and gotten a email back or phone call? I had sent an email about 2 weeks ago after reading this and didn't realize they actually called me back while I was in the Bahama's last week. But phone died and had to have it replaced so i lost the message with call back # and contact.

by hotlanta

lvrr325 wrote:A guy got killed at DeWitt a while back when his truck was hit by a remote job that didn't have a man protecting the move. Somehow I don't think that's the kind of job cuts they had in mind, but that's what you get. But let's not turn this into a remote control debate, as much as it shocks me that anyone but management would defend such a thing.

I wonder if I can call them up and ask them to settle up with my buddy who nearly got killed by carbon monoxide in a company vehicle that had been reported as needing repairs many many times? He can't work around that kind of environment anymore, gets a headache right away -

Maybe I should ask them to dump one on the ground right outside my house so I can take pictures... lol -
No offense, but your argument is getting more lame by the minute. The fact is, the remote control operator was elsewhere sitting inside a vehicle not protecting the shove. Sorry to break it to ya, but that's not just a remote operator, that's many conductors on conventional crews. It can and will happen to anyone who shoves blind. So, what's your point? Any argument against the remote? Not at all from what I read, just another bitch about how it doesn't work. I don't like using them either, but then our "Union Bros." engineers and grandiose schizo road conductors that are "above" the use of a remote because they haven't been force assigned YET, shit all over us younger guys that didn't have a choice. Yea, those union brothers that make sure and tie on the hardest handbrakes so we have the hardest time removing them before humping a cut. Yea, all because they got beef with the company, and are too passive aggressive and lack the balls to bring it to the right person, so like the cowards they are, they bring it to us, younger guys. Well F*&K them.

I humped 800 cars in one shift with two other good remote operators. That's 7 hours we did it in by the way. So, this crap about "I bet with a conventional crew, they did 950 per shift instead of per day" is tiresome. Ya know what, leave us in the UTU alone, go break down the door of all your un-educated engineers that didn't have a choice but to work for the railroad because no one else wanted them, and ask them why they were so stupid as to vote against it and give it away. Ask them, oh, and then the "engineers wouldn't want to be on the ground operating the box" thing will come up... well, maybe like the rest of us that have to earn our keep, the young engineers could protect their own service and operate the box until they have enough seniority to hold an engine of their own down.

I hate the box, and I hate the bitching that all the old troll engineers do, and it transcends to the younger engineers as well. Its like, dude, you gave that away, please take it back. Maybe if you realized you were in the new millenium, you might have realized that technology is unavoidable and will prevail regardless of how pretentious you are along with your attitude that the railroad needs you like you are the next best thing to sliced bread.

Now, sit on your seat, eat all the unhealthy shit you eat, go home get drunk, whine about RCO's, and get on with your misery.

by Noel Weaver

hotlanta wrote:
lvrr325 wrote:A guy got killed at DeWitt a while back when his truck was hit by a remote job that didn't have a man protecting the move. Somehow I don't think that's the kind of job cuts they had in mind, but that's what you get. But let's not turn this into a remote control debate, as much as it shocks me that anyone but management would defend such a thing.

No offense, but your argument is getting more lame by the minute. The fact is, the remote control operator was elsewhere sitting inside a vehicle not protecting the shove. Sorry to break it to ya, but that's not just a remote operator, that's many conductors on conventional crews. It can and will happen to anyone who shoves blind. So, what's your point? Any argument against the remote? Not at all from what I read, just another bitch about how it doesn't work. I don't like using them either, but then our "Union Bros." engineers and grandiose schizo road conductors that are "above" the use of a remote because they haven't been force assigned YET, * all over us younger guys that didn't have a choice. Yea, those union brothers that make sure and tie on the hardest handbrakes so we have the hardest time removing them before humping a cut. Yea, all because they got beef with the company, and are too passive aggressive and lack the balls to bring it to the right person, so like the cowards they are, they bring it to us, younger guys. Well F*&K them.

I humped 800 cars in one shift with two other good remote operators. That's 7 hours we did it in by the way. So, this crap about "I bet with a conventional crew, they did 950 per shift instead of per day" is tiresome. Ya know what, leave us in the UTU alone, go break down the door of all your un-educated engineers that didn't have a choice but to work for the railroad because no one else wanted them, and ask them why they were so stupid as to vote against it and give it away. Ask them, oh, and then the "engineers wouldn't want to be on the ground operating the box" thing will come up... well, maybe like the rest of us that have to earn our keep, the young engineers could protect their own service and operate the box until they have enough seniority to hold an engine of their own down.

I hate the box, and I hate the bitching that all the old troll engineers do, and it transcends to the younger engineers as well. Its like, dude, you gave that away, please take it back. Maybe if you realized you were in the new millenium, you might have realized that technology is unavoidable and will prevail regardless of how pretentious you are along with your attitude that the railroad needs you like you are the next best thing to sliced bread.

Now, sit on your seat, eat all the unhealthy * you eat, go home get drunk, whine about RCO's, and get on with your misery.
I can think of a lot of terms for you. None of them are nice.
Noel Weaver

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

lets get back on topic with CSX's telephone service