• massachusetts rail traffic

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by blepus

hey guys, i need a little help and hope this is the right place. It may be a long shot, but here goes nothing... In Palmer, MA there is a lot of rail traffic. I'm specificially looking at a point where route 20 and 67 merge. There is a bridge that is under construction, with 2 rails below.

If anybody has a rough estimate of the amount of traffic seen under that bridge or could point me in the right direction as to where i could find this information, that'd be great. Thanks in advanced

by railman616

The following is an unofficial list of train that pass under the Rt20 bridge in Palmer.
Intermodel
Westbound
Q115 6 days a week
Q117 7 days a week
Q113 5 days a week
Q119 5 days a week
Q167 4 days/as needed
Eastbound
Q114 7 days a week
Q140 7 days a week
Q116 5 days a week
Q168 5 days a week
Q172 as need
L170 once a week
General Freight
Westbound
Q421 7 days a week
Q423 6 or 7 days a week
Q437 6 days a week
L437 once a week
Q426 7 days a week
Eastbound
Q420 6 days a week
L420 once a week
Q422 6 or 7 days a week
Q426 7 days a week
Q436 7 days a week
Auto Racks
Westbound empties
Q283 7 days a week
Q293 6 days a week
Eastbound
Q264 7 days a week
Q274 6 days a week
Amtrak
Westbound
P449
Eastbound
P448
Also work trains and light power move can occur at anytime.

by CSX Conductor

Plus a unit ethanol train at least once a month destined for the Port of Providence via the P&W in Worcester. There's actually one in Selkirk,NY now, probably leaving this evening. :wink:

by Rockingham Racer

Isn't there also an occasional garbage train out of Boston [K????]

by CSX Conductor

No, the garbage cars are handled on Q420 eastbound into Beacon Park and head west as loads on Q421.

by slashmaster

CSX Conductor wrote:Plus a unit ethanol train at least once a month destined for the Port of Providence via the P&W in Worcester. There's actually one in Selkirk,NY now, probably leaving this evening. :wink:
Any chance you know what the ethanol is for? As far as I know no place in Rhode island sells e85.

by CSX Conductor

Sorry slasher, no idea, but the facility is near the port, so shipping it out by sea may be a possibility.

And that unit train was finally delivered to the P&W in Worcester this afternoon around 500pm.