• NYSW 142 excusrion Oct. 16-17

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by NS59

A couple quick questions on the upcoming Syracuse to Binghamton excursions. I heard the CNY NRHS may use its E-8s on the trip. Is that a go???? Also, will any photo runbys be done on the return leg of the trips???

Thanks,

Dave

by Otto Vondrak

Binghamton to Syracuse Steam 2004

The NYS&W RR will be celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Syracuse Binghamton & New York Railroad's completion of the rail line between Syracuse and Binghamton A weekend of festivities is planned for October 16th and 17th, 2004. Steam will return to the line in the form of the NYS&W #142.The current plan is to have a Steam (with diesel assist) train leave Binghamton at 9:00 am. on Saturday Oct 16. Ceremonies are planned for 8:30 am. Stops are to be made at Marathon, Cortland, and Tully. After a late afternoon arrival in Syracuse, the steam engine will be dropped and the train will return to Binghamton by Diesel. The train deadheads back to Syracuse during the night.

Sunday Oct 17 will have the steam engine lead the train south from Syracuse at 9:00 am, with a stop at Tully for a photo run by. A stop at Cortland for water, a stop at Marathon and another run by at Whitney Point. The steam engine will stay in Binghamton and the train will return to Syracuse with diesels.
No mention of any other specific power is made.

http://www.nyswths.org/bing.htm

-otto-

by NS59

The info I got was from the CNY website "We are investigating using our E-8 diesel engines for the trips, to assist the steam engine" It can be found on the page 1 just before the order form.

Dave

by jhdeasy

In support of these excursions, they are leasing passengers cars from the M&E Railway and some other owners who store their cars on the M&E Railway. I understand the private varnish may move north from NJ to NY as a special move on Friday OCT 15th.