Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Jtgshu

rushhour wrote:
Jtgshu wrote:ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh, okay dude, my mistake
Shame on you railroaders!!!!

-JRS
yea I know, cause what do we know? I know not much, but hey, every once in a while even we get something right

:)

by Bay Head Local

trainzrok wrote:
NO, a RVL train HAD A BROKEN COUPLER! The NS Didn't derail
So was it a broken coupler that caused the derailment, or was there no derailment at all?

Also, how do you know it was an MTA engine and a 3-car consist (which im still stunned to hear was running on the RVL)...and do you have any idea what train this was?

by Jtgshu

Bay Head Local wrote:
trainzrok wrote:
NO, a RVL train HAD A BROKEN COUPLER! The NS Didn't derail
So was it a broken coupler that caused the derailment, or was there no derailment at all?

Also, how do you know it was an MTA engine and a 3-car consist (which im still stunned to hear was running on the RVL)...and do you have any idea what train this was?
There WAS a derailment yesterday at NK - and it did NOT involve an NJT train. I haven't heard of or seen any MTA cars or locos out on the RVL.

by njt5140

WOW I've heard everything from a WB striking an EB, an EB picking a switch and hitting another train, now an NJT train derailed?!?!

THE REAL STORY:
A CRSAA yard job was shoving west and not protecting the move, causing it to run through a stop signal at NK and smashed in the last couple of cars of the 24V heading east.

by Zeke

njt5140 are you sure about that. I heard a bee was in the cab of an NJT extra service and it stung the brakeman who fell against the engineer causing him to pull the throtle out from O to P-9 and there was a PL-42 on the hind end. The PL-42 rammed full speed ahead causing the cab car to jump over the derail in Parkview yard head down across Freylinghuysen avenue and strike a fire hydrant. You railroad people think you know everything.....not !

by SomervilleRailfan

Um...guys...so it was a grain spill AND a broken coupler AND a NS derailment AND an NJT derailment of a three-car train on the RVL...

Maybe I shoulda checked online with NJT?

Although I did get a kick out of the story where the train runs down Frelinghuysen Avenue and hits a fire hydrant... :-D

by rushhour

SomervilleRailfan wrote:Um...guys...so it was a grain spill AND a broken coupler AND a NS derailment AND an NJT derailment of a three-car train on the RVL...

Maybe I shoulda checked online with NJT?

Although I did get a kick out of the story where the train runs down Frelinghuysen Avenue and hits a fire hydrant... :-D
You forgot the grizzly bear riding in the back of the PL42! :-D

-JRS

by Uzi-Cat

There also was a sasquatch sighting near Aldene.

by Jtgshu

Zeke wrote:njt5140 are you sure about that. I heard a bee was in the cab of an NJT extra service and it stung the brakeman who fell against the engineer causing him to pull the throtle out from O to P-9 and there was a PL-42 on the hind end. The PL-42 rammed full speed ahead causing the cab car to jump over the derail in Parkview yard head down across Freylinghuysen avenue and strike a fire hydrant. You railroad people think you know everything.....not !
Well, thats one way to get the PL42s out of Raritan!!!!!

hahahahha