• Navy Yard Station: OPEN!!!

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by HokieNav

Arriving at work this morning, the barricades at the bottom of the new stairs and escalators were gone, so I joined the handful of people that headed up the newly opened stairs. There were a handful of workmen around, but the work seems to be 99% complete - a group of the was talking about hanging some signs up and the 2 out of 3 mezzanine to street level escalators were stopped and the one remaining one was going down. Outside that, everything looked great! They have moved the fare gates from the narrow mezzanine to street level, tripling (roughly) the number of fare gates, to speed the flow of traffic before and after games.

Of course, my camera was sitting here on my desk, so no pictures, but I'll definitely have it with me this afternoon and will take a few shots. If anyone wants a picture of something in particular, let me know.