• Looking for Pictures of West Shore RR in Frankfort

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by LNE MODELER AND RAILFAN

I live in Frankfort NY , which was home to the West Shore's Car Shops until "railroaded" by the NY Central a.k.a Vanderbuilts. The site was home to the Union Fork and Hoe and later Union Tools/ Green Thumb Tools before closing in 2005. The shops and most of the structures remain. I am looking for any photos of railroad action, former stations,structures/scenes in Frankfort, Ilion area related to the West shore. I know much will be of NY Central owned era, since the 1880s were not that long lived for the West Shore as its own.
Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to send pics to my email address ( [email protected]). I am just researching for my love of history in this area and because I have some family and friends whose relatives immigrated here to help build the West Shore.

Thank you for your anticipated help,
Gerry.

PS. My screen name is from the fact that my dad & granfather both worked for the Alpha Portland cement plant in Martins Creek, PA. which was served by the Lehigh and New England Railroad. I've been modeling it and researching it in N SCALE since 1986.