• Does MARC have any type of employee timetable?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by train2

I realize MARC runs on CSX and Amtrak, but do they publish any type of employee only schudule (that would show deadheads) or an employee Timetable?

I can't say I have ever seen much printed (offical) publications with MARC/MTA's name on it? Not including the public timetables in this.

What ya know?

by gprimr1

I'll check into it.

by NaDspr

I can only speak about the MARC trains on CSX --- the CSX passenger services dept does print up an in-house schedule of all MARC trains that run on CSX, both deadhead and revenue moves. The dispatchers and other people who need to know the info get a copy of it. It is not a publication that is made available to the general public, but is available to CSX employees on the CSX Gateway web site.

The same holds true for Tri-Rail, VRE, MBTA and Amtrak trains that run on CSX or are dispatched by CSX.