• Lowell Yard

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by TPR37777

I was up in Lowell, MA the other day and I noticed all of the land had been cleared within the old wye of the Boston and Lowell and the Framingham and Lowell. The area was formerly heavily wooded and is now filled with equipment and trailers. Does anyone know what is going on there? I thought the land was owned by Pan Am but the equipment looked to be MBCR. This area is behind the old Lowell tower if anyone is unfamiliar.