• 2007 WNYP Movements

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by Randy Earle

Caught a crew working Meadville yard today...SUNDAY? Power was LAL #424. I was hoping for a little more ALCO SMOKE but that's all I got. I left at 5:35pm and they were still working...went to HOSS's for salad bar and left for Ohio.

by Corry Railfan

NS leasers past MS at 3pm-ish with unknown car count!

by railwatcher

8/28/07

An interesting afternoon on the wnyp... I heard a Form d being issued to a NS unit to do switching in falconer. Worth investigating; I think so. On arrival, Form D 114 was being issued to the NS 5338 (GP-38-2) to head west from DV to MS (B&P diamond in Corry, PA). In tow, a GP 38 high hood (ex-southern NS 5101) facing rearwards, 8 covered hoppers, 6 tankers, and a CR gon to finish the consist. NS power being loaned to wnyp, the falconer shop void of engines...

Copied from post made by Jfrmr1 on Diesel status thread.

Greg Graves, moderator

by PVRX1

DFT-27 with 630/430/431 tied up in Emporium on 8-27 after running to Driftwood and doubling the hill. They started there this morning with a return to Driftwood and then all should be back into Olean tonight.

by railwatcher

Big Five engine move to DFT on Sunday 10/21/07! WNYP rolled south to DFT on Sunday morning with #636, 430, 431, 421 and 630. The former Cartier unit was in the lead southbound. Was reported that they brought 35 carloads over Keating Summit. This report based from other web postings.

Greg

by EMTRailfan

ME-1 in Oil City, returning to Meadville at 2000 11/1/2007 per my brother. Late start, or a long day?

by railwatcher

EMTRailfan wrote:ME-1 in Oil City, returning to Meadville at 2000 11/1/2007 per my brother. Late start, or a long day?
Was this the day the two engines derailed?

by EMTRailfan

railwatcher wrote:
EMTRailfan wrote:ME-1 in Oil City, returning to Meadville at 2000 11/1/2007 per my brother. Late start, or a long day?
Was this the day the two engines derailed?
If that's the case, sounds like a long day. Last derail that I've heard of on the west end was the one in Meadville Yard a few months ago. Guess I need to get back up and chase the ME-1 again. I live 20 miles from O.C., 40 or so from Mead., and haven't chased it since April. My loss.

by Smtimko

The two unit derailment in Oil City was 11/08.

There was a three car derailment in Meadville last week also.

SMT

by thebigham

Port Alleghany, PA. Saturday, Nov. 25 about 2:45pm.

431 and 430 and 5 cars parked on a siding.

by Otto Vondrak

Driftwood Turn - 12/21

The DFT has all three HLCX leasers plus the WNYP 430.

6320 is leading south, 7201 will be leading north. Look for a long train to come back from Driftwood under crystal clear blue skies! Go git em!

-otto-
  by Jfrmr1

NS 6790 @SA given westward track between WC (salamanca siding) and OQ (corry siding) at 01:52am. This is the 523 unit coal drag.

by Otto Vondrak

Good day on the WNYP! East of Jamestown, there should be a daylight Train 398 with an eastbound coal a couple hours behind that... go git 'em!

-otto-

by railwatcher

Otto are you camping out in WNYPland?