• Your Favorite BNSF Locomotive

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

by Komachi

I don't have a particular unit Im fond of, but anything first or second-gen diesel would be on my list.

Particularly the GP and SD-7/9s in all their rebuilt and unrebuilt incarnations.

by GN 599

Mine is the BNSF 1731. Formerly BN 6126. I worked my first paid job as a trainman with that engine. Relief switch job. Long live the SD9's !

by CNW1212

Like everyone else, I love the old SD9s. I think it is great the BNSF keeps them in service. I really don't care for the chopped rebuilt ones, only because I love high hooded locomotives! My favorites, or ones I can remember are 6101, 6127, 1717, 6120, and 6112. I wish they would put SD9s in the lead more though!

by CMNW3008

I always wanted to run the f or fp45's myself. Unfortunately they were gone by the time I hired out. But I did have the pleasure of operating the few SW type switchers that are left.

by jz441

Right now BNSF 3111, since this is the only engine that works properly in the yard... :wink:

by uhaul

So what other units are in the yard? This pictures says it is now a GP25 and has been reduced to (surprise) 2500hp. Sure does look rough, but at least it was not a really good unit that got tagged.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=764926
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

by freshmeat

Any I'm not working off of.
  by BNSFrailfan

SD40-2,AC44CW,SD70MAC,SD75M,C44-9W,GP38-2.

by lakeshoredave

any cabless unit

by jz441

uhaul wrote:So what other units are in the yard? This pictures says it is now a GP25 and has been reduced to (surprise) 2500hp. Sure does look rough, but at least it was not a really good unit that got tagged.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=764926
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
3111 just looks rough... It needs a new paint job.
As far as other switch power... there are GP35's, GP30's and SD40's.

by jz441

GN 559,

Aren't those the rebuilds GP39M's? We had one of those in the yard service. They were rebuilt in the early 90's.
GP30's are numbered 2400+

by USRailFan

BNSF 4723 - the Microsoft Train Simulator locomotive. Yeah, just a boring C44-9W, but still, it was through running that loco in MSTS that I really started to develop an interest in the BN/BNSF and US railroading in general.