• Baltimore Derailment with HAZMAT (11/24/07)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by gprimr1

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one weekend I'm home in PG this happens.

by charlie6017

This message is for member "Conrail6479"---please no Penn Central analogies--thanks in advance.

Charlie

by conrail6479

what this is the 9th derailment for csx?????

by gprimr1

They've been doing heavy maintenance around St Dennis lately to, that makes it really bad.

by lakeshoredave

any detours planned via selkirk and buffalo due to this derailment?

by ThePointyHairedBoss

Ooooh, they've really done it this time. Thanks a lot Ward!

by tvcigar

In today's Baltimore Sun, there is an article on local officials calling on CSX to refrain from hauling chemicals during events at the sports stadiums near the tracks. As well as for calls to stop traffic during big events at the stadiums, specifically this weekends Army/Navy football game.

I've been to sports stadiums and arenas all over the country, and main line railroads are near most of them. Baltimore, Denver, Atlanta, Greensboro,Charlotte and Seattle among the ones I can list off the top of my head. There is no way the railroads will be able to stop traffic just for events at these stadiums. The arenas were built in these areas because that is where the cheap downtown land was...the tracks were there first. New arenas later.

by gprimr1

Closing the railroad would be to much to ask but perhaps they might be onto something with the hazmat. Could CSX become organized enough to hold hazmat trains north/south of the city?

One thing that can be a problem although trains are the safest way to ship hazmat chemicals, people often don't see this although any Baltimore resident should also be aware of a certain gasoline tanker falling off the I-97 interchange.

by CSX-Dan5377

charlie6017 wrote:This message is for member "Conrail6479"---please no Penn Central analogies--thanks in advance.

Charlie
HAHAHAHAHAHA!, Stopping ticking time bomb lol
:P

by conrail6479

what's the update on the derailment????