• NJT in MSTS

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by Mr Met

so what do you have for NJT in MSTS I have the ALP-44 and thats it but what are some other things that you have

by nick11a

I have the ALP44 too. There was a Comet IV pack released for one day on train-sim.com but it was then pulled from service for whatever reason. It was just a repainted MN Bombardier Comet II car from NALW by some unknown person. It was a pretty shabby release. Each car was a cab car and the quality on the cars looked pretty bad. It was almost OK but not quite.

The GP40 is pretty bad too.

The F45 is pretty good though-- only thing it isn't authentic as NJT has no F45s. The road number is 4207 IIRC.

The original MN Bombardier Comet II cars from NALW is pretty good and worth your time in my opinion.

NALW (North American Locomotive Works) is supposed to be releasing NJT F40s sometime in the future. Also to be released is the NJT Comet II cars and some other stuff including the U34CH. Judging by the quality of NALW, they should be pretty good when released. Actually, Mike Steinberg started designing some of the stuff (like the U34CH among other things) but his work is being completed by NALW.

EDIT: The E60 is also pretty darn good if I may say so. Recomended. I'm waiting for the ALP46 though. I noticed within the past few weeks, they've released the European pre-cursor to the ALP46 on the website. All we have to do is wait for someone to reskin it and make the modifications to "Americanize it" to the ALP46 specs.

by Mr Met

There was also a njt arrow 3 on Train-sim for one day but it was pretty bad and it had no pantograps

by AEM7AC920

There is an ALP-46 in the works by NALW some sceens were posted some time ago.

by Mr Met

can you post some screeen shots on here
Last edited by Mr Met on Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

by nick11a

Mr Met wrote:can you post them here
Not right now.... all the nodes on Train Sim are busy at present. I'll try again a little later.

by nick11a

OK, got in. Here it is. Also sent an e-mail to you about how to get it:

For the MN Comet IIs (which are Comet IIs by NJT's standards but MN doesn't call them that) log in to the site, go to search and search the following:

"MSTS Metro North Railroad Bombardier Pack" (without the quotes of course)

For the E60s, both NJT/Amtrak scheme and the NJT disco scheme, go to search again and search:

"MSTS NJT E60C Electric Motor" (again without the quotes)

You'll have to use the editor to make your sets. Have fun!

Nick