• DO acquisition of the TP&W

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by rrfoose

I have a question about the TPW, but since there's no forum for it, maybe someone on here would know. How much did DO pay for the TP&W back in 1989? Thanks!

by nysw3636

I believe the year was 1996, and it was only 40% of the TP&W. If memory serves, it was cash and stock valued around $2.3 million. And I believe that CSXT bought 100,000 shares of DO as part of deal.

by rrfoose

Who owned the TPW between 1989 and 1996 then? I've always heard that ATSF sold the lines in 89.

nysw3636 wrote:I believe the year was 1996, and it was only 40% of the TP&W. If memory serves, it was cash and stock valued around $2.3 million. And I believe that CSXT bought 100,000 shares of DO as part of deal.

by nysw3636

TP&W Acquisition Corporation