• 2007 P&W stone trains (FPCH- CHFP)

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by DutchRailnut

from hudson valley list:

Well, this Friday, 5/25, the first shipment for Prima is going out
according to the Tilcon schedule. It will be a shipment of 40 cars,
30 from Reeds Gap and 10 from Pine Orchard/North Branford.
Any changes occur I'll let everyone know..........

DTH

by DutchRailnut

again from Hudson river rail group:

CHFP has been moved up a day. The crew has been called for tomorrow,
Thursday 5/24 at 19:30. Still showing with 40 loads for Prima.
Unknown if any LIRR's are returning on Friday. The reason for moving
it up a day is that there are no rooms available in the hotel for
Friday night.

DTH
  by matteapolis

Hey y'all. What days is the P&W stone train running up to New Haven from Fresh Ponds? What track do they usually originate from in Fresh Ponds? When does it usually leave the yard in Queens? Does it stop for clearance at Hell's Gate or cruise on through? Thanks!
Matteapolis
  by SwingMan

There might be a stone train going through Hicksville about now! Heard Divide say to some train that he had to hold'em till the stone train passed!OMG!!!! :-D lirr415-Peter
  by DogBert

matteapolis wrote:Hey y'all. What days is the P&W stone train running up to New Haven from Fresh Ponds? What track do they usually originate from in Fresh Ponds? When does it usually leave the yard in Queens? Does it stop for clearance at Hell's Gate or cruise on through? Thanks!
Matteapolis
No need to stop. once they get clearance to leave FP it's straight shot to the BX... amtrak and the freight track on hell gate are entirely separate.

by bat@grumman

I saw a stone train at 9:50 AM friday 6/27 at Bethpage. I counted 39 cars. And around 4 PM there was a westbound pulling gons full of industrial refuse. Good day for me spotting freights at Bethpage. It's nice when my boss takes fridays off and I can keep an eye on the railroad. -pat
  by JMBethpage

11/7 11:20am E/B @ Divide on mainline:

271/155 w/30 red gondolas

by Spartan Phalanx

The season should be ending soon, right?

by SwingMan

Nobody has kept track of the stone trains this year. Or maybe there were only these few stone trains :( . lirr415-Peter

by JMBethpage

The last 2 years, a lot of the stone trains went by Divide on Friday afternoons. I could report on those because I'm fortunate enough to have a clear view of Divide from my office window. This year, the stone trains went out either very early, very late, or on Saturday when I was not around to see them. Today was a surprise for '07, even though only 2 locos and 30 gondolas.