• Cigar Band Decal

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by tocfan

I recently purchased an unused Cigar Band Decal, it is about 4 ft. across and still had the protective paper covering the front and the adhesive on the back. I was wondering if anyone knows if any more of these exist and what exactly this would have been used on.

Mike Fleming

by NYC_Dave

4' decals were applied to NYC cab units - FA's, F-3's, F-7's, RF-16's ...
http://gelwood.railfan.net/nyc/nyc1211a.jpg
  by urrengr2003

Know of one more...been under my bed laid out flat since 04-64. Came from DeWitt Enginehouse...one of my first treasures as a new employee.

by tocfan

I suspected a few were saved here and there but there are probably not many. I think I may get a (very large) picture frame and frame it. I don't plan to remove the protective sheets from the front or back. I am very excited to have it.

Mike

by uhaul

If I had more than one I would be tempted to stick it onto some narrow nosed unit.

Go Red Sox

by Dieter

Yes, it's for the nose of a unit, caboose or even BENEATH the cab side windows on a U25B. Too small for a box car.

I beg of you to have a photostat reproduction of it shot before it gets any older, or you do anything with it.

I was in a home in the Harlem Valley about 30 years ago where someone had put one such logo on an awning.

D/