• R409 Question

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by lakeshoredave

I heard an R409 getting recrewed at CP-373 in Rochester on Tuesday afternoon/evening. Why was he running this way instead of his normal route down the River Line?

by SimTrains

Until November 8th R409 and a handful of others will be rerouted due to the backlog of trains after the derailment near Cleveland.

by CSX Conductor

R trains are Re-routes. :wink:

by mmi16

SimTrains wrote:Until November 8th R409 and a handful of others will be rerouted due to the backlog of trains after the derailment near Cleveland.
R409 & R410 are rerouted because of a River Line curfew, not the Painesville derailment.

by SimTrains

Thats what I meant, thanks!

by lvrr325

They can't run those trains around the River Line using the NYS&W anymore? Seems like a long detour -

by lakeshoredave

Are there any other trains detouring or just 409 and 410?

by mmi16

lakeshoredave wrote:Are there any other trains detouring or just 409 and 410?
409 & 410 are the only reroutes at this time

by Conrail Cleveland East

It's not unusual to see R409 running this line.It's been doing this for awhile as you mentioned,a reroute.I've always seen him outlaw(twice) in Erie,pa,at CP-87.

by Wanderer

mmi16 wrote:
SimTrains wrote:Until November 8th R409 and a handful of others will be rerouted due to the backlog of trains after the derailment near Cleveland.
R409 & R410 are rerouted because of a River Line curfew, not the Painesville derailment.
Rail replacement. Jacksonville wants all of the planned CWR done before the second week of November.
mmi16 wrote:409 & 410 are the only reroutes at this time
And all of the Tompkins Cove coal. E82816 ran on the 18th, and there should be a load before next week.