• Binghamton Railfest 2007 - 10/14

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by ANDY117

It's over in West Endicott. I always remember them being in Johnson City or Owego.

by bingdude

:-D

Maybe Phoebe Snow is coming back to Binghamton.

I'd rather see her than Sir Topham Hat or Thomas.
;-)

by calorosome

bingdude wrote:Maybe Phoebe Snow is coming back to Binghamton.
You'll have to fight me in line for the tickets...

by ANDY117

And thanks to my youthful speed, I'll be first in line! :wink:

by Bennett Levin

How about Nellie Bly?

by ANDY117

So what exactly is going on? lol

by Steamtown Observer

My spies tell me that the surprise will begin its trip to Binghamton tomorrow. I'm not sure where they are going to keep the surprise while it is in Binghamton, but hope for nice weather going south on Saturday!

by cjvrr

Lexington Group is having a convention in Binghamton this week.

They are running a PV trip from Binghamton to Scranton and back with the Pennsy E-8's

Departure from Binghamton is 07:00 return by 19:00 on SATURDAY!

The above came from a post on the NYS&W Yahoo Group psoted by an NYS&W Employee that presented a slide show at the convention.

by bwparker1

What is the Lexington Group?

BWP

by Otto Vondrak

Would you believe... the Lexington Group is a secret cabal of illuminati railfans... they gather once yearly to decide the fate of the affairs of the railfan community... they and they alone determine what steam engines will run, what engines will be restored, and yes, what days the sun will shine for railfan photography!

No? How about a small gathering of enthusiasts? One man with a slide show?

-otto-

by O-6-O

Otto? Did you get all that info in the Cone of Silence? Huh?? What??
" Sorry about that Chief"

by ricebrianrice

Well, the PRR E-8's, and a string of passenger cars are sitting in the NYS&W yard in Binghamton. Doubt I can get any pictures, as they are pretty buried by all those stupid freight cars.

Wish they would get rid of all those freight cars, so I can get my pictures. Rail fanning is much more important than the railroad making money! :-D

by charlie6017

Well--how was it? Wish I could have gone myself...........anyone have pictures to share?

by Devil 505

charlie6017 wrote:Well--how was it? Wish I could have gone myself...........anyone have pictures to share?
Here you go. Lexington Group excursion northbound at Nicholson Pa 10/13/2007.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=206286

by Otto Vondrak

I followed the excursion from Binghamton to Scranton and photographed the train at maybe five different locations. Sure made an impressive sight on top of Nicholson Viaduct! I didn't stick around for the return trip...

-otto-