Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by M630

Anyone have recommendations for photogenic stations? Will be in the area in a few weeks and want to explore the system a bit more than the usual tourist routes. If you have stations that lend themselves well to the camera that would be a help. Thanks!

by Love Train

Best photo ops in the system: curve at Smith-9th Sts on the F/G line, Coney Island-Stillwell Av on the D/F/N/Q lines, Whitlock Av on the 6 line, 161 St-Yankee Stadium on the 4 line (get a train and the stadium in one shot), Park Avenue tunnel portal on the Metro North Railroad (can't remember exactly what street).

The Brighton Line (B/Q lines in Brooklyn) is very scenic and some stations appear to be in a deep forest. Neck Road on the Q line is a very good example. The whole line from Prospect Park to Coney Island is a great line to railfan.

And of course, the 7 line is a railfan's dream.

Hope this helps.
  by Tom Curtin

Astor Place (#6 line) has one of the few remaining original entry kiosks at street level. At least I presume it's original --- it could fool me! In fact, while I'm on this, is it possible this is the only remaining one?

by UpperHarlemLine4ever

It is a replica but a darn good one.

by M630

Thanks for the tips - any others are also welcome!

by Dylanchris73

The big turn the N and W makes after Queensboro Plaza is awesome