• Alcos in Movies

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by jr

N. Todd - Sorry I missed your earlier post on 5-August, that covered NYLE 1013 & the Planes Trains & Automobiles. Didn't intend to duplicate your information, I just missed it, the first time that I scanned the thread.

JR

by Luther Brefo

nessman wrote:Atomic Train's "star" was BCR 642, now MWHA 642 in service on the D-L.
Is this now the 2045 or does GVT own more than one M420? I am still not aware of the full GVT roster...

Image to

by Matt K Dettman

Luther Brefo wrote:
nessman wrote:Atomic Train's "star" was BCR 642, now MWHA 642 in service on the D-L.
Is this now the 2045 or does GVT own more than one M420? I am still not aware of the full GVT roster...
GVT owns only one former BCOL M420 and that's 2045. Checked Alcos NE and they don't mention another M420.

by alcodoc

GVT owns 2 M420s. 642 and 645.

alcodoc

by alcodoc

GVT owns 2 M420s. 642 and 645.

alcodoc

by traingeek8223

The 642 is currently in service in Carthage NY on the MA&N. The 2045 (645) is in Scranton.

by Luther Brefo

alcodoc wrote:GVT owns 2 M420s. 642 and 645.

alcodoc
Thanks for the information. I've got to go find them both someday.

Luther

by Matt K Dettman

alcodoc wrote:GVT owns 2 M420s. 642 and 645.

alcodoc
I realized that when I went back and noticed 645 in BCOL paint and 2045 in GVT, then read one of them was repainted. So yes, my late night mistake.

by SOU2645

"Who's that Girl" featured a VCY S6
Larry

by Lehighton_Man

I've seen quite a few ALCos in Atomic Train..
I think the 'chaser' units were lettered for something like West Rail?
I cant find an accurate picture though. But Yes, 2 pairs of M420Ws were used in Atomic Train.
As for other ALCo Movies, i can't seem think of ones other than what was mentioned.
Cheers.
Sean