• NS Dillersville Yard Operations?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by JJMDiMunno

Hey guys,
Wondering if someone can help me out with something...I'm taking a trip to Lancaster in the next few weeks, staying overnight over the weekend...looking for info on what trains might run out of Lancaster's Dillersville Yard over the course of the weekend? Looking for ANY action in Dillersville...or trains arriving into it, or departing from it. I really have no familiarity with operations there.

Thanks!

Mike DiMunno

by metman499

Not sure about weekend ops but during the week the power for the area seems to get prepped to hit the road at around 8-9 AM. Where and when they go from there I don't know as I am at work. The power has generally not returned by 6 PM.

by Melvin

There are several trains around Lancaster. The Lancaster Turn operates between Enola and Lancaster seven days a week and usually rates two widecabs, though I have seen SD40-2's and SD50's used at times. On weekdays, a fairly sizeable local services the New Holland Branch, and there are also locals each way on the Keystone Corridor, and on the Lititz Secondary. Amtrak also has 20+ trains on the Keystone Corridor every day.