• Photo ops between Tully and Syracuse

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by clearblock

You might check out Jamesville Beach Park.

It has been a few years since I have been there but it is public access with some open views of the tracks that may be good for photos.

by TB Diamond

Try the old Jamesville depot area near the former Alpha Cement plant. Been about a decade since I was there, however.

by lvrr325

You can follow the tracks pretty close all the way to Tully; lots of opportunities - stations in Tully, Apulia and Jamesville, about half a dozen grade crossings; and at least a couple places looking across fields from the road to the tracks. When they ran the steam trains I could get about 20 different shots in that stretch.

by Otto Vondrak

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those locations next time I'm in the area... and there's a train running in daylight!

-otto-