• Baltimore area questions

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by gprimr1

1.) I've noticed lately that along the CSX Capital and Baltimore terminal, there are now 4 signals operational northbound. 3 of them are normal signals with D on them because of the MARC Camden line. On the right (looking north) there is one signal that is not marked with a D and is constantly green over red. What's up with that?

2.) Anyone here participating in the train warning testing going on with CSX and MARC Tuesday in Rockville?
  by CSX Conductor

gprimr1 wrote:1.) I've noticed lately that along the CSX Capital and Baltimore terminal, there are now 4 signals operational northbound. 3 of them are normal signals with D on them because of the MARC Camden line. On the right (looking north) there is one signal that is not marked with a D and is constantly green over red. What's up with that?
The yellow sign with a black "D" on it is a Distant Signal Marker, which means it is the distant signal to the next interlocking. The signal without a "D" may be an interlocking signal, not sure as I am not familiar with the area which you are asking about. If it is an interlocking, it may always be green & red, (Limited Clear,Medium Clear, or Slow Clear....depending on if one is flashing or not) it may be because the dispatcher "fleeted" the signal which means as soon as a train is clear of the block the signal will automatically go back in.

by MNRR_RTC

Could the signal be an automatic and not an intelocking? Automatic signals cycle themselves when a train takes and knocks it to a stop and proceed (the most restrictive signal an automatic can display).

by blippo

You have to give more information what location your talking about, St. Denis, Landsdowne, where.