• Another NDC S-6 question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by trainspot

Who is the current owner of NDC #51? Is it still Horwith Trucking? Is it used, and still at Northampton?
Also wondering if the Baldwin/Alco #101 was actually scrapped, or at another location. Thanks for any info. Tim

by Alcoman

I am told that # 51 as well as 101 may be scrapped. Can anyone confirm this?

by metman499

I went by there today and did not see either unit. the 101 was not parked where it had been the last few times I went by.

ndc

by obsessed railfan

I'm sure they keep the S6 101 and RS3m 99 parked in between the two buildings behind their office. Now I haven't been there in a while but that's where they keep 'em. (used to anyway)

by oibu

101 and RS-3M are almost always between the two rows of elevators, WELL out of view from any remotely "public" place. They don't seem to mind visitors though, just ask at the trailer (at least, they didn't mind visitors the last time I was there).

NDC

by obsessed railfan

Yup, went to see for my self, 51 is still there! I don't think it's used anymore though as the some of the windows were boarded up.
Parked in front of RS3m 99.

by N. Todd

Well what about the 101?

NDC

by obsessed railfan

Yes, when I was there, 101 was coupled to a boxcar.

by EDM5970

Anybody know the history of RS-3m 99? I guess its a spare, and they normally run the 101?
  by trainspot

EDM- #99 is ex-CR 9938. Tim

by N. Todd

NDC 101 in 2006

by PVRX1

You can see them from the main road that runs on the hill, on the north side of the property between the trucking company's yard and the road that now runs down and around the east side of the complex.