• CSX and Credit Checks

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by blazer1

Hi. I recently applied for a trackworker position with CSX and I was wondering how strict they are about credit checks. I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy 2 years ago. Do you think that would eliminate any chance of getting hired?
Also, I just checked my application status and it has changed from Final Screen to Route. What does that mean?

by scooterz66

I can't say for sure, but I doubt that your credit history will have too much of a bearing on whether you get hired or not. Specially since it was 2 yrs ago. The status code, it's probably a good thing. If they didn't want to interview you, it probably would have gone from final screen to not selected, and then you would have gotten the dreaded email that they found people that better fit their needs. Good luck and don't get too down if you're not hired. I applied 8 times and interview 3 times before I was offered a position.
  by MuddyAxles

..tell the truth because theyll find out anyhow if they really want to know. It will go against you if you misrepresent the truth. IMHO.