• 6/26/2007 Selkirk visit

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by uhaul

On my way to NYC I decided to stop by the Selkirk rail yard.
I have only seen one Dark Future unit before, but after seeing many my opinion of this scheme is still; AACK. While CSXT 7507 may look a bit ratty in its YN2 paint it looks better than 4761, which has, a thin film dirt on it.
There were at least two B36-7s there as well, but as far as I know only 5851 was running. This unit had its conductor side logo painted out because it had suffered graffiti damage, but where the graffiti covered the blue it was untouched. 5851 had some of its long hood doors open, belched light grey smoke, and sounded a bit sick, but I have only heard two BB –7s so I am not an expert. 5835, instead of doing hump duty, was just sitting pretty and was lashed to a Geep, I think. Will try to place some pictures on the Internet soon. I definitely agree that GP38-2s look better in their Conrail Blue, but I rather they have YN2 paint instead of looking like @%$# in YN3.

by lakeshoredave

Selkirk is busy in the early morning hours, then it dies off until 1800 hrs or so, and then the evening flight picks off around 1900 hrs when some of the intermodals that worked at Dewitt come thorugh. Just find a decent spot to sit, and enjoy the action, because there is always something going on at Selkirk or on the surrounding lines.

Lakeshore out