• Atlantic City Press letter about CMSL cars in Rio Grande

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

by rrbluesman

Before the CMSL the predecessor company of the SRNJ, I think it was called the Shore Fast Line, ran freight down the branch, but they withdrew the service because of poor track conditions and a limited customer base.

by PRSL1972

OK lets try not to name other RR reguarding this issue. This topic could get locked and this topic is very interesting.

by prsl7668

Couldn't CMSL fix the bridge then bill NJT for the work? This way Cape May trains would run this year.

by prsl7668

The Vicarage wrote:Why isn't another RR entity (perhaps SRNJ) going for such service? If one line can't do it, let another one try.
I don't think the SRNJ would be interested since this doesn't seem to be a money making line.

by PRSL1972

CMSL would go broke if they tried to fix it. The bridge belongs to the stste, let them fix it.
  by themallard

RIO GRANDE — Fed up with vandalism to a string of railroad cars on a sidetrack here near the Route 47 crossing, Cape May Seashore Lines President Tony Macrie is working with the county Crimestoppers program to set up a cash reward to bring to prosecution those who damaged historic coaches and motorized Budd Cars.
While details are still being worked out, Macrie hopes to offer a $5,000 reward...
Cape May County Herald

by glennk419

I came upon this link in another thread from when the cars now at Rio Grande were still running, albeit poorly, and on rails a little further north.

http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_id= ... qg_tnPAlBe

Thought some here might like to see this.

PS: You may need to double click to launch the video.