• HUGE SU-99/Q271 Combo... with CN Power!!!

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by rcbsd45

As information, tonights Q271/SU-99 should be a monstre! they added close to 70 freight AHEAD of 87 auto racks, making for one huge train! power(unless changed since this moring will be CN SD75I # 5717, CSXT CW40-8 7857, and LLPX SD38-2 2805.... I belive the 156/SU-100 should be in, so maybe thay can add an NYSW engine from that for this train....

by AmtrakFan

Maybe this is a sign that CN will the Q.

AmtrakFan

by nysw3636

CN had their chance to make a deal with NYS&W before the CSX/NS takeover of Conrail. They better add atleast two engines to that consist, because if Sparta Mountain don't stall it, Gulf Summit will. And as a side note to rcbsd45, the other day you were complaining about another contributor's spelling mishaps. Perhaps you should practice what you preach!!!!!!

ASD

by Lackawanna484

Q271's auto racks are empties, right? Even though it will be a huge train in length, it prob wouldn't weigh as much as a decent 40 car ore train

by trainfreak

The autoracks are empties but about half of the mixed freight were loaded contruction debris cars those i think are pretty heavy to haul.

by AmtrakFan

Looks like they will need another 3 Locomotives also That is longer than the 14K Ton BN Unit Coal Trains in Illinois.

AmtrakFan

by trainfreak

They ended up adding the NYSW 3040 and LLPX 2807. Made for a nice looking train even though it was at night. I was able to get a photo of it going west.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... x?id=37698