• AC60 651 in YN3

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by wagz

I was spotting over at Woodbourne on the Trenton Line (north/east of Philadelphia) Monday Night and noticed 651 running second unit on Q741, glistening in new YN3 paint. The CSX Photo Archive shows all AC60s still in YN2.

Anyone else seen this unit lately? Last photo I've been able to find of it were from October still in YN2. Unfortunately it was 10:30 PM when I saw it, so photos were quite impossible.

by Conrail1990

Keep checking rrpicturearchives.net for that unit. It might turn up shortly.

by spencer8b75

Last edited by spencer8b75 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by spencer8b75

I saw the 651 today on the LST ready track at Uceta Yard in Tampa. It looked very sharp indeed sporting her dark future colors with the lightning bolts. I was wondering what train it brought in..Now I know. The unit was coupled to C44-9W #459 which caught on fire last Wednesday night in Tampa right outside of the yard under the Orient Road Overpass. THE 459 was the lead unit bringing in an auto rack train from Louisville KY-I am not sure of the train number. The unit suffered severe fire damage and will be going to Waycross soon. I just started working for CSX so I do not want to draw attention to myself by taking pictures in the yard so soon...It would have been a great shot though :wink:. I am praying that the 651 will be on the Q188-08 Friday. The Q188 usually gets one or more AC6000's for power. If so I will be able to photograph it off the property at the Orient Road Crossing. I used to see the AC6000's often on the juice train which gets to Yeoman around 12PM bound for NJ, But lately its been Gevo's...If it would have been two months ago the 651 would have been on train K651 which is now the Q741. This is the train that brings the empty Tropicana Cars back to Bradenton. The train is no longer the K651--Now this train is designated as Q741....

by uhaul

This means the last class of 100% intact YN2 (or a similar version) has been broken. The only locomotive classes all in one paint scheme are the ES44DC and SD70ACe.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPi ... px?id=2322