• CSX OCS in Aberdeen, MD- June 1

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Bobby S

I was in my girlfriends mother's backyard in Aberdeen MD last night which is literally fifty yards away from the CSX tracks that pass through the neighborhood. I always look when I hear a train approach and what I saw last night blew me away!! Twin CSX painted F-40's? back to back pulling a complete passenger train of old style heavyweights perhaps, all painted in blue heading southbound. Last car was an observation which had the all glass backside. WHAT WAS THIS??? WHERE??? WHY???

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

sounds like u saw the OCS train, this recently was just in Boston on 5/30 bringin big wigs to Boston, it turned at Beacon Park, headed back to selkirk, then down the river line

by gprimr1

All railroads have at least one train like this. I believe it is rentable or at least one like it is, because CSX has the Santa Train and one year I saw CSX sponsored a trip to Harpers Ferry for something related to black history.

by conrail_engineer

Mister Ingram was making the Grand Tour of the Empire over this week...a bloody nuisance. Along my route dispatchers were stopping/holding all traffic half an hour in advance to clear the way.

Those F-40s were purchased from Amtrak a few years ago to pull the official train...what Conrail used to call the OCS, the Office Car Special.

by Bobby S

This would be great "rare rail mileage" for a lot of fans. Where was it headed to when it passed south through Aberdeen? To go over the Suzy river on that bridge would have been something.

by CSX Conductor

Same on the B&A, and they damaged it on the engine house loop in Boston while shoving around to turn it to go west........And then it derailed on the leg of the Wye going from the B&A to the River Line @ SP-SK in Selkirk. :(

by Controlled Speed

I know, that was big news in our terminal up in Selkirk about how they tried to "baby" it through the wye at SK after breaking the "steps" in Beacon........lol Fuck EM!!!!!!

by CSX Conductor

They wouldn't have done any damage here if they did what I suggested to a few trainmasters, take it east to Amtrak to Wye Connector, around the loop (which is built to handle long coaches) then back to the B&A via the Wye Connector. One hour at most. They just didn't want to get delayed, but more than likely didn't want to call an extra crew to pilot it on Amtrak.