• A CSX Payroll Question From A CSX Employee

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by spencer8b75

I am a Car Inspector in a yard in Florida. I have only been working for CSX for Three months now..I recently found out via the employee gateway that I was short 2 days pay. Unfortunately our union for whatever reason allows CSX to pay us biweekely. I contacted the person who does payroll and it was corrected but when I asked if it would be in the qualifying weeks pay- He shyed away from me and changed the topic of the conversation. When payroll screws up an employee's pay,, Is it common for them to make you wait a whole Two more weeks to get your money you earned 25+ days ago??? I want to contact payroll about this matter but I would like to know what the procedure is for this. If there are any employees out there that could give me some advice-Please Do.....
  by Noel Weaver

spencer8b75 wrote:I am a Car Inspector in a yard in Florida. I have only been working for CSX for Three months now..I recently found out via the employee gateway that I was short 2 days pay. Unfortunately our union for whatever reason allows CSX to pay us biweekely. I contacted the person who does payroll and it was corrected but when I asked if it would be in the qualifying weeks pay- He shyed away from me and changed the topic of the conversation. When payroll screws up an employee's pay,, Is it common for them to make you wait a whole Two more weeks to get your money you earned 25+ days ago??? I want to contact payroll about this matter but I would like to know what the procedure is for this. If there are any employees out there that could give me some advice-Please Do.....
This question is a bit of a puzzle. You state that you work in Florida but
your bio shows you to be a resident of New York City. What gives?
Second, this is not the place to ask a question of this nature, you must
belong to a union, that is the proper place to ask your questions and air
your problems. I suggest you try going to a union meeting.
Noel Weaver
  by CSX-COAL HAULER

spencer8b75 wrote: Unfortunately our union for whatever reason allows CSX to pay us biweekely. .
Contact your Local chariman for your UNION.

In todays world-------ALOT of Companies pay bi-weekly. That should not be a big deal!
  by scottychaos

spencer8b75 wrote: When payroll screws up an employee's pay,, Is it common for them to make you wait a whole Two more weeks to get your money you earned 25+ days ago???
I dont know about CSX, but I get paid bi-weekly too, I work for a big corporation as well (EK) and the answer to "Is it common for them to make you wait a whole Two more weeks to get your money you earned 25+ days ago??? " would be yes..
any problems wont get fixed unti your next regular paycheck..
there isnt any "special" pay correction made..
so yes, in theory, you could wait a month to get paid for those hours, even if it was a company mistake..it sucks, but its totally normal..

Scot

by spencer8b75

Yes..I did not realize I did not update my profile. I just moved back home to Sarasota, FL six weeks ago. I used to be an Amtrak Car Inspector out of SSYD in Queens, NY. I understand that most major corperations pay Bi weekly but if a error is made in payroll on your employers part, I believe a draft check should be cut. I do believe that the extra pay is going to also put me in a higer tax bracket. There are alot of things I really like about working for CSX. They have trained me to weld, cut steel, replace wheels , truck components and many other things that make me very proud of what I do. I love to pull a car I just worked out to the ready track knowing that thats "My Car". One of the reasons why I always had to hide the fact that I am a rail enthusiast is that I do not want people thinking they could walk all over me. I do what I am told to do and sometimes beyond to the best of my ability with pride....But I just like every other hard working railroader feels we should be respected...When I make a mistake I am expected to correct it in a timely fashion. My local chariman has not returned my polite phone call yet.

by CSX Engineer 98

the T&E here in Massachusetts get Paid every week by CSXT when they took over they tried to do the Bi weekly but found out it was against some Labor act....?
  by 10more years

CSX used to pay twice a month many years ago, on the 15th and end of month. They changed to bi-weekly several years ago. If you contacted payroll and they agreed to correct or adjust, they will,......on the next payroll period. They have, in the past sent out vouchers, but the vast majority of our people have discovered that this was not as good as it appeared (for tax reasons).

So, if your short payroll period ended on the 1st, you didn't find about it about until the 5th, probably the 6th (the Tuesday or Wednesday after payday), you called payroll, they said they would correct. Guess what. It won't go on the paycheck that you get the 15th, it's going to be on the one you get on the 29th.

Keep records!

by mmi16

New York and some other states have Weekly Pay Laws which CSX complies with. States that do not have weekly pay laws are paid on a Bi-weekly basis. As info Company Officials are paid on a Monthly Basis. Once a payroll error is discovered and corrected it is normal practice in all crafts to make the adjustment in the next regular check.