• NYC Piggy Back Trailer located

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by izzy1975

It is located about 1 mile North of Rt 104 on Rt 11 btween Maple View and Pulaski NY. It sits in with a bunch of heavy machinery on the Left hand side going north and it sits just north of the La Siesta Motel. Gray Trailer with Yellow NYC Herald on front. Just a point of info to anyone who is interested

by Otto Vondrak

Does the owner want to sell? We've got a flexi-van trailer at our museum in Rochester, NY...
  by izzy1975

Otto ---- not sure if they want to sell it or not. I can look into it for you. But it wont be untill the weekend. it sits away from the road so its hard to see the condition it may be in. But i will check into if you want. Let me know

by Dieter

Sounds like the owner might use it for tools/parts/junk storage. If that's the case they may be reluctant to part with it. You might get a swap if you can get an old 20' container.......

Yellow herald -- If the owner doesn't want to sell/swap the entire trailer, you might be able to purchase just the heralds as they were separate.

D/
  by izzy1975

were they seperate Dieter? Did not know that, by the looks of it, it does look like it is being used for storage. It has been there awhile, I just decided to post it the other day. Ill still check it out however, Plus i can get photos maybe! I ll keep ya all updated!!!

by Dieter

Been a while, sorry.

Yes, the Black lettering on yellow oval heralds were separate on the sides and the front of the trailer, I don't think so of the rear doors which sported one each at the top.

No idea how they were attached, I imagine if you received permission to remove one (or all for preservation) the first place to look before touching anything would be from inside the box from behind, provided you could get through all the stored items there.

D/

by TB Diamond

Cannot recall, either, how the NYC logo signs were attached to the piggyback trailers. Picked one of the signs up along the old NYC MT east of Rochester circa 1971. Put it up in my garage for a year or so and used the attachment holes to hang it. They were probably either bolted or riveted to the trailer body.
  by izzy1975

sorry havent been in here in awhile, actually forgot about this thread. Anyhow havent been out there yet, but i do know it isnt going anywhere any time soon. Ive been trying to get my yard work done after our 6 day snow storm back in february :( . Ill keep ya all posted

by Dieter

Even if you can't procure those heralds from the trailer, now you've made it necessary for posterity - and history - to find out how those ovals were attached.

D/