• where is csx 8888 at???

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by conrail6479

Does anybody know where CSX EMD SD40-2 engine 8888 is???? it is ex-conrail number 6410.

by CSX-COAL HAULER

I had it about 4-5 months ago-me and the conductor took pictures of us hanging out the window above the side numbers-----it had a alerter in it! :P

by Conrail4evr

It's down in Newport News right now...

by conrail6479

does csx8888 still have LSK5 horn on it????

by Will_S

Given its history, it would be interesting to see if CSX knows where it is.

by conrail6479

Will_S wrote:Given its history, it would be interesting to see if CSX knows where it is.
yea but i bet it's not in the turntable pit or a runaway :-D
  by Aa3rt

According to a message posted on the VFRD (Virginia RailFan Discussion) Yahoo Group at 8:30AM this (Monday, April 9, 2007) morning, CSX8888 is in Williamsburg, VA awaiting the replacement of a wheelset that is supposed to be accomplished today.

The unit is supposed to be near the Williamsburg depot and in a good location for photographs.

by Conrail1990

It was in South Carolina on 4/3/2007.

by Rhett Coates

Conrail1990 wrote:It was in South Carolina on 4/3/2007.
CSXT 8888 was seen with two other units at Collier Yard (south Petersburg VA) on Satruday, April 21, 2007. (Unknown as to what train it was going to be placed on, as the 3-unit set was seen moving about the yard uncoupled from a train.)

by know1

Will_S wrote:Given its history, it would be interesting to see if CSX knows where it is.
hahahaha

by conrail6479

does CSX even know if it is on the roster??? LOL

by Conrail4evr

It's the leader on Q627 today.

by ToledoTerminalRy

Today 5-2-07 at approx. 6:20 8888 came south on CSX's Toledo Terminal towards Walbridge yard. Not sure what train it was but it was all autoracks.

Love to see crazy 8 is still out there

Ryan