• Operators Panel

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by immaoperator

Can someone take a picture of the operators panel straight forward, not slanted. I wanna use this for BVE?
  by Sand Box John

"immaoperator"
Can someone take a picture of the operators panel straight forward, not slanted. I wanna use this for BVE?

There is a straight on view on page 6 in the NTSB report of the Shady Grove wreck that happened 01 06 1996 NTSB Report Number: RAR-96-04 (1.78 MB PDF file)

by immaoperator

I seen that report I am a WMATA Employee, I just dont have a great camera to take that picture. I need a picture with the colors in it. Even the shape of the window and fault display box

by Mike Morris

I can do it for you.
Off what kind of car(ie 1K,2K,3K etc..)?

by immaoperator

Thank you so much. Everytime I take a picture of the cab with my camera, its either dark or the quality its that good. You can take a picture of a Rohr, CAF, and Rehab, please make sure you are standing over that panel to get to entire shot. The fault display box you can take a picture of that also along with a operators view of the window to the left.

Heres a idea of what I am taking about.

http://transitstuff.iforumer.com/viewto ... ansitstuff

Also the window shot would be needed. Rohr windows and CAF windows are different. So I will need that.

by Sand Box John

"immaoperator"
I seen that report I am a WMATA Employee, I just dont have a great camera to take that picture. I need a picture with the colors in it. Even the shape of the window and fault display box

When is the rail rodeo? Give me the date and location I will get you the pictures. Should be on one of the next three weekends.

by immaoperator

Suppose to be at Branch Ave I think. I thought about doing that last year. I am sure of it being on a Saturday. Which day, I need to find out.

by Robert Paniagua

And be sure to post a link to the picture so that I can see it. That was an awful accident, one on top of each other, similar to the crash right at Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Station 9 years later.

by immaoperator

Heyyyyy.......................Have you forgotten me? I still would like pictures of the panels, straight photos sitting in the operators seat. If possible, I would like a picture of the CAF, Alstom, and Rohr panels taken directly overtop the panel. I want to cut and paste it to paint in windows to make a panel for my simulator WMATA trains. Also, I need a straight picture of the fault display box and the operators view of the cab window. And lastly, bulkhead doors of the CAF, Rohr, and Alstom since they all are different.

by Sand Box John

"immaoperator"
Heyyyyy.......................Have you forgotten me? I still would like pictures of the panels, straight photos sitting in the operators seat. If possible, I would like a picture of the CAF, Alstom, and Rohr panels taken directly overtop the panel. I want to cut and paste it to paint in windows to make a panel for my simulator WMATA trains. Also, I need a straight picture of the fault display box and the operators view of the cab window. And lastly, bulkhead doors of the CAF, Rohr, and Alstom since they all are different.

I will assume the rodeo was today 04 28 2007. Didn’t make the trip over as the date was not confirmed. What line do you operate on? Can get the pictures of the operators consol on the train you are operating if it is on a weekday evening after 20:00 at one of the Maryland terminal stations (Glenmont, Greenbelt, New Carrollton, Largo). Email me at [email protected] with the approximate ETA at a Maryland terminal station and I will be waiting on the platform with camera.

by Sand Box John

"immaoperator"

I will assume the rodeo was today 04 28 2007. Didn’t make the trip over as the date was not confirmed. What line do you operate on? Can get the pictures of the operators consol on the train you are operating if it is on a weekday evening after 20:00 at one of the Maryland terminal stations (Glenmont, Greenbelt, New Carrollton, Largo). Email me at [email protected] with the approximate ETA at a Maryland terminal station and I will be waiting on the platform with camera.