• nm

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I know, it seemed like the Red Line is/was the stepchild of the entire WMATA network, but now, it's seeing improvements and I'm happy about it.

by red-orange line

Since I chatted on wmata about the 6k to John Catoe, I believe that all of the 24 new 6k's are on the Green line :( for now because that is where they are being tested and maintained. It is going to be a long while before the other lines are going to see more of the 6k which are going to be in few numbers since the majority of the 6k are going to be put on the Green line as time passes.

IMO the Red line may be the last to get the 6k :( just like before when it was the last to get the 5k.

At least the Red line is running 8 car trains now :-D!!!!

by Mike Morris

The problem with spotting a 6K is that a whopping 58 cars are broke down. Way to go Alstom.
54 rehabs are dead as well....

by red-orange line

Mike Morris wrote:The problem with spotting a 6K is that a whopping 58 cars are broke down. Way to go Alstom.
54 rehabs are dead as well....
Add that to the fire that occurred on car 6017 last Sunday on the Green line at Waterfront-SEU.

Info is describe here: http://www.wmata.com/about/met_news/Pre ... aseID=1598

by Mike Morris

Another Alstom goofup
All the 6ks and rehabs were corrected overnight. Fire due to propulsion problem.

by Robert Paniagua

Oh man, not another problem with those new units, but Im glad WMATA is taking action to correct these issues with these new units so that they don't have another problem like this.