• I am in training at the CSX REDI Center..Need mainline info.

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by spencer8b75

I am in training for a car inspectors position at the CSX REDI ( Tilford Yard) center in Atlanta. CSX has put me up in the Homestead Studio Suite Hotel near the Cumberland Mall. There is a very busy CSX line that crosses I75 a few steps from the hotel. I see many trains going through at all hours with alot of foriegn power. I do not want to go around asking to many nonrelated to training questions to anyone at the REDI center. If anyone can tell me what line this is, I would aprreaciate it..I also hear that there is a NS mainline close to here also..I will be here for another four weeks. I am very excited about my new career with CSX..They are really taking care of us and I am very happy with my instructors and the training techniques....

by hutch1984

I stayed at Homestead last year when I was in Atlanta for conductor training. My buddies and I would walk down to the tracks and watch the trains after class. I'm pretty sure its the CSX mainline between Atlanta and Chattanooga.

by Virginia_Cajun

I am scheduled to start April 15 in Atlanta at the REDI Center for conductor training. I was told that I would be staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown 2 blocks from Turner Field. Anyway, if you dont mind, tell about your time there and about the hotel you are staying in and are you staying by yourself.