• BNSF office cars on Amtrak 48, 7/22/04

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by JoeS

Train 48 was by CP362 at 11:45 AM today, it had some Burlington Northern Santa Fe passenger cars on the rear end along with 3 roadrailers. 100 axles reported by the Brighton detector.

Are the BNSF coaches being used by AMTRAK or is this a special move?
  by Gilbert B Norman

Likely you observed cars from the BNSF Executive Train enroute for a little schmoozing in Boston.

Never hurts to "hedge your bets".

Next month, New York.

by NealG

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out this afternoon when it arrives in Boston.

by Railjunkie

Mr Norman has it right they were on the way to Boston for the convention NS and CSX also have office cars there also. There are 10 cars in the BNSF consist I brought 2 over Wed 8 went over Thrus Im sure there will be pictures on the web lots of folks out with cameras yesterday. Eight of the cars will be coming back on 449/49 June 30.

by NealG

I snapped three at Back Bay yesterday evening. It was like a BNSF train with an Amtrak train stuck to the front of it. There were people on the little "porches" on the ends of some of the cars looking curiously out at the bland uninteresting low B&A platform at BBY. I had to be covert in my operations as not to arouse suspicions of the highly sensitive MBTA Stasi... I'll post my photos when I get them developed...

by John_Perkowski

But will Amtrak have a schmoozing presence with BEECH GROVE???

John

(ducking and running)

by AmtrakFan

Is UP going to the DNC?

AmtrakFan :) :)

by DutchRailnut

If so they be late, someone mentioned UP will not be at DNC.